The Wildrose Polio Support Society was established on November 1, 1999 and serves Polio survivors in Edmonton and Northern Alberta
The purpose of the Society is:
- To provide education to members in respect to post polio syndrome;
- To provide group support and therapeutic support to polio survivors and to provide other support as approved by the Board of Directors;
- To disseminate information concerning research and treatment about post polio syndrome;
- To develop awareness, communication and education between the Society and the Community.
- Any person who is eighteen years of age or older who supports the objectives of the Wildrose Polio Support Society may become a Member upon payment of the annual membership fee
- There are three classifications of members
- Regular Members are those that reside in Alberta in a geographical area that includes the City of Red Deer and north of Red Deer. Regular Members shall be eligible for any reimbursement programs provided by the Society.
- General Members are those members that live outside the geographical area identified above but pay an annual membership. General Members shall not be eligible for any reimbursement programs provided by the Society.
- Honorary members